Sunday, 8 August 2021

Weekly News. Sunday 8th Agust.

Just two more weeks of the weekly news now.

Race Results this week

Standish Woodland Chase. Sunday 8th August

This was the 4th race in the club champs this year. 17 Harriers took part. Results for club members:

12 1:08:34 WATTS, Andrew
16 1:10:40 MORGAN, Niki
19 1:11:01 DODD, Paul
44 1:25:48 ANNETTS, Tom
52 1:28:10 ROSCOE, Jane
59 1:30:05 OWEN, Stephen
66 1:32:18 JONES, Gareth
72 1:33:55 ELVERS, Karen
77 1:35:05 SUTER, Pamela
84 1:38:34 REGULSKI, Brett
93 1:45:24 DUFFIELD, Lowri
94 1:45:38 TAYLOR, Graham
96 1:46:06 UNSTED, Sonia
108 1:55:22 DANGER HARDING, Jennifer
109 1:55:41 ELLIS, Gill
112 1:59:39 WEBB, Jacqueline
113  2:04:52 Rebekah Lane

Full results for race here: https://stroudac.co.uk/provisional-standish-woodland-chase-results/

Scottish 6 Days - Orienteering. Lochaber.
Seth Lawson 20th M14A
Reuben Lawson 13th M16A
Vanessa Lawson 21st WV50L
Matthew Lawson
Andy Creber Joint 1st MV60S
Andy Stott 22nd MV60L
Website for info and full results here: https://www.scottish6days.com/

Mendip Marauder 50. 7th August.  5516ft. 50 miles.

Dickie Hudd and Tim Buckley took part - Tim did 31.8 miles in 7hrs 36mins and Dickie did the 50 in 11hrs 18mins. 
Info and results here: https://www.albionrunning.org/mendip-marauder

Runner of the week. 

Pam Suter. 


Why did you start running? Somebody at work suggested doing the Race for Life in Cardiff and I thought why not. I’d been quite sporty when I was in school (netball team, gym) but not done much exercise through my 20s so was quite unfit.

What was your first ever race? Race for Life 2002. When I finished it I couldn't believe I'd run 5km!

How long have you been running? About 20 years

Why did you join Chepstow Harriers? I moved to Chepstow from Abergavenny in 2016, I knew of the Harriers from years of local races and it seemed a good way to meet people and get involved in things. I really enjoy it at races when you’re in a big group and you keep seeing other Harriers along the course and the support you get (and give), and of course the post race analysis and the end is always fun.

What runs/events do you like best? Probably trail runs although I’ll sign up for most things. I’ve really liked the map runs recently as something new to try.

What’s your favourite distance? 5 or 6 miles

What’s a typical training week for you? I've never been good at following a training plan or routine but I try to do 2 or 3 runs a week, a long slower run and a faster shorter one. I used to do a lot of road cycling but have become nervous on the road due to too many bad drivers so am doing more mountain biking at the moment.

What ways does running impact on your life? I can't imagine not running now, I guess main impacts are health, fitness and social. I'll always pack my running shoes for holidays, it's a great way to explore new places. Actually, quite a few holidays have been planned around a running events abroad.

Do you think you fit into any particular category of runner? Probably the could do better category!

What do you feel is your best running achievement? Running evolved into triathlons and my biggest achievement would be IronMan Wales in 2011 which was amazing, the run part being done in horizontal rain as the tail end of a hurricane hit S Wales.

Is there anybody (famous or local) or anything that has particularly inspired you in your running? Well I'm always amazed the speed people can run! When we do the 1 miler races and I'm running flat out huffing and puffing there are a lot of runners in the club that that’s a Saturday slow run pace! Amazing!

Have you got a short epic/funny story to tell about running? Not really epic or funny but I remember a Magic Roundabout race in Hay when the weather was so horrendous and the wind was so strong it was almost impossible to run down hill! I bet this was something like 2006/7 and I still remember how bad it was!

Do you have any short term/long term goals in running? Or is there an event you’d really like to do? I’ve always fancied doing Marathon du Medoc. A French marathon with wine stops every mile, what could go wrong…

Got any advice for others? Don’t have a hot curry and beer the night before a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment