The final week of this weekly news.
It was set up to try and help club communication during covid lockdowns. Now that races, training and socials are returning it's time is done. 'Wot's On' returns shortly.
Mob Match. Tuesday 17th August
A great club turn out for the mob match against our near English rivals. Scores and results as per previous blog post. It's clear that the ladies in the club made the difference for us in winning the match overall. It's also reinforced the blindingly obviously fact that the Harriers are (generally) an old bunch. 😁. That was old... not odd. Just in case you mis-read it. Mind you, some of us are both old and odd. 😅
GLCL 5 Miles
Results and information are as ever on the GLCL website here: GLCL website.
Parkruns
See Steve's usual parkrun club stats analysis on facebook. Our very local parkrun - the Severn Bridge parkrun returned on Saturday. With any luck this may help us acquire more members in the long term (and possibly some 'younguns' amongst them).
Rose Inn 4.
With racing gradually returning, the club (under the direction of Simon the RO) was able to put on one of the Rose Inn races last Friday. Great that the club was able to 'make it's mark' in the lead towards getting the running community back together again. Results are here: Rose Inn Results
Llangollen Fell Race - Sunday 22nd August
Paul Dodd, Tom Annetts and Cherry Fowler took part. Results here: Llangollen Fell Race
Severn Bridge 10k and Half Marathon - Sunday 29th August.
Many club members are either helping or running. Good luck all.
Runner of the week.
Lorraine Clark - our trainee club secretary
Why did you start running?
I needed to work on my fitness and colleague had suggested C25K.
What was your first ever race?
I don"t think parkrun counts so it would be the Severn Brdge night run.
How long have you been running?
Since September 2018
Why did you join Chepstow Harriers?
i had got into the habit of isolating
myself and i needed to change that, i therefore signed up for the
Harriers C25K, after completing the course twice i joined the club so i
could give something back and take part in the improvers
course.
What runs/events do you like best?
parkrun
What’s your favourite distance?
5k
What’s a typical training week for you? Include any cross-training (other activity that impacts on running) you may do.
At the moment I am only walking. But pre lockdown I did Pilates and Aqua Running.
What ways does running impact on your life?
Running has given me a reason to get out of the house and spend tiime with people other than work colleagues
Do you think you fit into any particular category of runner?
Social Jogger
What do you feel is your best running achievement?
Finishing the night run
Is there anybody (famous or local) or anything that has particularly inspired you in your running?
Syd Wheeler and Helen Powell.
Have you got a short epic/funny story to tell about running? 2-3 sentences only.
I wanted to get my parkrun time down to 45
minutes, so Graham offered to pace me. It was windy and raining that day
(my best conditions) and Graham is jogging along saying just pick up
your pace a little and we should make the 45
mins, so I kept pushing a little harder. When I stumbled across the
finish feeling like my legs had abandoned me, it turned out I had a time
of 43:13.
Do you have any short term/long term goals in running? Or is there an event you’d really like to do?
Pre lockdown and injury I was working up to my first 10k, I would like to get to that point.
Got any advice for others?
Go out and enjoy yourself, don't worry if you are not the fastest.
Want to get something off your chest? An idea to take the club forward?
I want to Thank all the Harriers who have encouraged and supported me and given their friendship over the last 3 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment