Tuesday, 8 June 2021

Midweek News

CWR Relay Information from the RO


I received this from Tom the CWR RO. You may also get the same info by email from your team captain but just in case you don't it's here:

"Welcome to the 2021 Cotswold Way Relay. Please read the updated website information.

You will find

  • The list of 2021 teams and team numbers
  • Information about using Maprun6
  • Updated start times
  • Improved route information
  • How to win and how to buy and event T shirt
  • How to win and how to buy and event T shirt


Please try and get out and recce your leg in the next month
Please use maprun6 on your recce so there are no surprises on race day

any questions email David Coales info@cotswoldwayrelay.co.uk
volunteers eg water stations marshalling or tail runners people@cotswoldwayrealy.co.uk


T-Shirt

Event Technical T in your size and style £12 via the web site link.
Order before 15 June to receive by race day

Tom Hutchison Race Director"

Syd's most recent exploits

"I completed the Newport Virtual Marathon along my local measured course in order to keep up with running at least 1 Marathon a year ever since I started running.  I managed to run both the first and last mile but mostly walked in between with some running.   I have to claim an unwanted club "record" with the slowest time ever of 8.47.48, exactly 30 years since I broke the 3 hour barrier for my only time. Oh how aging slows you right down! I duly submitted my time together with a bit of a write up they requested of me as I was easily the oldest entrant.    I've just seen the results, expecting to be last, and to my amazement found I finished 290th out of 319 finishers, so 29 finishers took longer than me.    The next oldest to me appeared to be a mere 71 year old who also took well over 8 hours. Unlike many others I quite enjoy Virtual Races as there are no cut off times. I can no longer enter mass start Marathons which usually have 5 hour cut off times so this is another way to keep doing them.  I'm hoping to do the London Marathon Virtual event on Oct 3rd and I believe one or two other Harriers are too, so perhaps we can make it a club event".

No comments:

Post a Comment