Sunday, 18 July 2021

Weekly News. Sunday 18th July.

 Race Results

Castle Combe Midweek 10k. Wed 14th July
7 Harriers took part in the DB Max midweek summer 10k at Castle Combe.
Robert PRITCHARD    36:01.1
Paul DODD    39:33.8
Cherry FOWLER    39:49.6
Niki MORGAN    40:31.6
Stephen OWEN    43:02.9
Kevin DAVIES    50:29.0
Vicky DAVIES    1:04:01.7

Waun Fach Fell Race. Sun 18th July.

14 Harriers took part in the 3rd race in the club fell series:











 

1    Paul    Dodd    MV60    1:07:26    100
2    Niki    Morgan    FV50    1:09:51    100
3    Cherry    Fowler    FV50    1:12:19    99
4    Matthew    Lawson    MV50    1:13:02    99
5    Vanessa    Lawson    FV50    1:18:15    98
6    Tom    Annetts    MV40    1:20:06    98
7    Neil    Grant    MV70    1:27:57    97
8    Andy    Stott    MV60    1:33:01    96
9    Kevin    Davies    MV50    1:35:11    95
10    Karen    Elvers    FV50    1:37:15    97
11    Gareth    Jones    M70    1:49:52    94
12    Mark    Nicol    M50    1:58:59    93
13    Davies    Vicky    FV40    2:06:57    96
14    Unsted    Sonia    FV50    2:07:10    95

Welsh 1000's
Paul Murrin came 14th in 'long fell race' - 20 miles and 8500ft of ascent. Andy Creber came 1st in the 'short challenge' race.

Coming Up

Club Champs Race - Rose Inn 4 - Friday 23rd July
Coming up this week on Friday is the next club champs event. Club members only.
Sign up before going.


Runner of the Week

Bobby Pritchard. The 'Bobster'.

Why did you start running? 
I was originally a footballer but when I retired I let myself go a little, I originally had no intentions of running I decided to set myself a goal to complete a tough mudder race for charity, I started with going to the gym and doing a circuit session at Monmouth leisure centre and it was there where Monross trailblazers brainwashed me and persuaded me to join them for some of their social runs and training sessions, they were predominantly a trail running club which at that time I took a real love too and very quickly caught the bug. 

What was your first ever race? 
My first ever race was Ross 10k, my second race was the Wentwood Woodlark 

How long have you been running
I started my running journey in 2016 

Why did you join Chepstow Harriers? 
I had made the decision to move clubs as at the time Monross was a very small club and I felt I needed a new challenge so I originally left them and joined Hereford Couriers as I was doing a lot of training on the track with the Hereford Ghost runners, but as I had moved to Lydney traveling was an issue so I was caught in a decision to join FODAC or Chepstow, I came along to a couple of training sessions and decided this was the club for me.

What runs/events do you like best? Road running at the moment

What’s your favourite distance? I don’t have a favourite distance they all hurt 

What’s a typical training week for you? I run 6 days a week a normal week would be Monday easy, Tuesday session, Wednesday easy, Thursday session, Friday rest day, Saturday moderate, Sunday long run session.

What do you feel is your best running achievement? Finishing a race is always an achievement in my book 
Is there anybody (famous or local) or anything that has particularly inspired you in your running?
Paul Dodd and Steve Owen are a massive inspiration to me I can only hope that I can be like them in the future  

Have you got a short epic/funny story to tell about running?  I ran the majority of the Muddy Woody back in 2019 barefoot as the laces on my trainers broke. I wouldn’t advise anyone to try it though.

Got any advice for others? Use suncream, sudocrem is a runners best friend and the race distance you are running is the same for everyone, it doesn’t matter if you’re first or last the accomplishment and satisfaction of finishing is something that can never be taken away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment