Tuesday Training
This week sees the last in the 5 X 5 LCL series. So I expect most of the club will be doing a fast 5 miler at some point this week.
This Tuesday’s session is aimed at sharpening up your speed.
Make sure you have a few easy days before attempting your virtual race. Sometimes doing nothing is a good training option.
Warm Up
At least 10 mins with a few short spurts.
Main Event
In this session you will be gradually winding up your pace as the distance you run in a minute will increase with each effort.
Put a marker for the start, run in Zone 2/3 for 1min, place another marker.
After each effort move the finish marker a metre further away.
Jog back to the start, try not to run or walk.
Repeat for 20 mins, I think that will be about 8 reps for most people.
Warm Down
Keep moving until your heart rate returns to near normal and perhaps a few stretches.
Feedback
I always ask and one day someone will give some.
Seriously, I would like to know your starting distance for a minute, and also how many reps you did in 20 mins and what you thought of the session
Enjoy and remember try to avoid injury. Good running style and not asking too much of cold muscles is a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment