You should have heard about the Treasure Hunt on Thursday. Organised by our Paul Murrin, but as a North Glos Orienteering Club event, you can enter it on your own or as part of a team.
1. Meet at the back of the Castle on the grassy bank (NOT by the bottom car park, but near the top playground, just into the big gates). By 6:30pm so slightly earlier than the usual time. (You can actually start any time between 6 and 7pm)
2.The club are paying the entry fee for each team so you can just sign in at registration. Each team needs to sign in, but you can just enter as a team eg CH Trotters (Lisa, Tom and Jan) for example. That's one entry, not three.
3. You will then need to hire ONE electronic tag per team so if you can bring £2 for that bit it would be great.
4. You have a choice of three courses (short 2.8km, medium 4.7km, long 7.3km). The distances are as the crow flies so you will run further than this (unless you are a crow and can fly). The shortest route on the long course has been measured at 10.6km.
5. If you are too injured to run but you can walk then the short or medium course would be a fun thing to do. It's all around the town of Chepstow. No territory should be unfamiliar.
6. There is a junior course entirely traffic free, about 1km long. U16 can do the longer courses but need to be accompanied by an adult.
There's quite a bit of planning for this so to help with map printing and avoiding wastage etc can you book on this link which course you plan to go on:
Thursday's regular 45 minute guided run will also be on from the LC at 6.55, and there may also be some quicker runners looking for a run at the same time.